MusicFest Canada is proud to offer scholarships to students performing in ensembles as well as the exciting opportunity to apply to be part of a National Honour Ensemble. Please see the information below for details and pass along to students who may be interested in these opportunities.
$100,000 In Scholarships
MusicFest Canada and its partners continue to develop the Scholarship Program to help Canada’s most outstanding musicians achieve their musical goals. Up to $100,000 in individual scholarships will be offered at MusicFest 2017 in Niagara Falls. Do you have students performing in one of your ensembles who would like to apply for a scholarship? Encourage them to apply today!
Applications and recordings must be received by the appropriate Division Chairman on or before January 31, 2017 for Concert Band Division scholarships, and before March 15, 2017 for Orchestra, Instrumental Jazz and Choral Division scholaships. No late applications will be accepted.
It’s a week of a lifetime! Open to every student across Canada, MusicFest Canada’s Denis Wick Canadian Wind Orchestra, Conn-Selmer Centerstage Jazz Band, Ellison Canadian Honour Choir, Thomastik-Infeld Canadian String Orchestra, Woodshed Canadian Percussion Ensemble and the National Youth Jazz Combo are now accepting applications.
Successful Applicants Will:
- Experience the thrill of performing on stage at the Scotiabank Convention Centre
- Work individually and as a group with world renowned directors, clinicians and sectional leaders
- Be considered for tuition scholarships to the finest music programs across Canada
- Compete for thousands of dollars in cash bursaries and product awards.
- Build lifelong friendships with some of Canada’s most outstanding young musicians
Are your students up for the challenge? Share the applications and encourage them to apply and participate in this unique opportunity!