2018 Conn-Selmer Centerstage Jazz Band
sponsored by/commandité par:
The 2021 “virtual” CSCJB is partnering with Conn-Selmer and several Canadian universities in the virtual preparation and presentation of jazz ensemble masterworks, under the direction of Christine Jensen (McGill University). All CSCJB musicians will receive a private lesson and a sectional as follows:
- Saxophones: Kenji Omae (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Trumpets: Paul Tynan (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Trombones: Mark Ferguson (Carleton University)
- Guitar: Kevin Brunkhorst (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Piano: Mark Ferguson (Carleton University)
- Bass: Dr. Paul Rushka (St. Francis Xavier University)
- Drums: Ernesto Cervini (University of Toronto)
- Saxophones: Dr. Scott Campbell (Southwestern Adventist University)
- Trumpets: Jocelyn Couture (McGill University)
- Trombones: Jason Smith (Cleveland State University)
- Rhythm: Ernesto Cervini (University of Toronto)
Of special interest this year is the MusicFest Institute. MusicFest Canada has formed an historic partnership with the National Youth Band of Canada (NYB) to present a series of lectures and masterclasses for all MusicFest Honour Ensemble members and all NYB members by world-class musicians in April and May 2021. Membership in any of the MusicFest Honour Ensembles includes access to these optional learning and listening experiences, which will feature esteemed orchestra, wind band, choral and jazz musicians from across North America.
The fee for successful applicants is $50. If you have any questions about the CSCJB, please email Neil Yorke-Slader (neil.yorke-slader@musicfest.
Please note: Separate audition requirements are in place for both the National Youth Jazz Combo and the Conn-Selmer Centerstage Jazz Band. You must submit two separate auditions if you wish to apply to both opportunities. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2021.