Accommodation and Travel
Ellison Travel and Tours has been contracted as the official Housing and Transportation Bureau for MusicFest to ensure adequate accommodation for the thousands of students, adjudicators, suppliers and support staff attending the festival. By utilizing the services of Ellison Travel and Tours, MusicFest Canada is able to supply you, the participants, with a convenient, valuable and simple procedure for all of your booking, accommodation and travel needs.
Due to the large number of groups that attend MusicFest Canada, it is necessary for the festival to contract accommodation space early. This ensures that rooms are available for the festival at competitive rates and close to the MusicFest site.
Groups attending MusicFest Canada who require accommodation are required to use properties contracted by MusicFest. As our exclusive agent for these properties, Ellison Travel and Tours can find the best fit solution to your accommodation requirements.Read more about Travel
2019 Venue Locations
BRONSON CENTRE, 211 Bronson Avenue:
- Stage A: Instrumental Jazz adjudicated performances
- Evening Concerts: McGill Jazz Orchestra, The Humber Experience, Central Band of the Canadian Armed Forces, Nepean All-City Jazz Band, Conn-Selmer Centerstage Jazz Band, Denis Wick Canadian Wind Orchestra.
BABS ASPER THEATRE, National Arts Centre, 1 Elgin Street:
- Stage B: Concert Band/Chamber Ensembles/Orchestra adjudicated performances
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, 140 Laurier Avenue West:
- Awards Ceremony
- Scholarship Auditions: Concert Band, Orchestra, Instrumental Jazz
- Honour Ensemble Concerts: Thomastik-Infeld Canadian String Orchestra, National Youth Jazz Combo
KNOX PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 120 Lisgar Street:
- Stage C: Choral/Vocal Jazz adjudicated performances
- Scholarship Auditions: Choral/Vocal Jazz
- Honour Ensemble Concert: Ellison Canadian Honour Choir
- Registration/Executive Office/Production Office
- Ellison Travel & Tours Booth
Adjudicated performances are open to the public
All adjudicated ensemble performances (Stages A, B & C) are open to the general public, free of charge. Spectators are encouraged to come and hear the finest young musicians in Canada. Headline Concerts and Educoncerts are for participants only. There are a limited number of paid passes available to the general public.